You are probably wondering “What exactly is home staging?”
For those not familiar with the term; home staging is “Home staging is the act of preparing a private residence for sale in the real estate marketplace. The goal of staging is to make a home appealing to the highest number of potential buyers, thereby selling a property more swiftly and for more money.”
Sounds like it’s a fun step, but what we don’t realise is that home staging sets the tone for the buyer in the beginning of their journey. It takes a few simple home staging tips (and the ones currently trending) to help your properties stand out from the pack in the real estate market.
Let’s explore some current trends.
● Set the house with personal items to create that connection between the buyers and the place. Basically “Let them imagine themselves living there” For example, you can include frames and photos of families on the wall, books on the shelves and any touch to make it seem like a home to live in, rather than a house to be sold
● Stray away from the bold color choices in the house so you can appeal to the various personal style preferences. The trend now is neutral color schemes
● Go green - having plants and flowers with vibrant colors gives an aromatic feel to guests while walking in a new space.
● Add mirrors - this technique adds style, and also a reflective quality that creates the illusion of a bigger and lighter space.
● Welcome visitors in the backyard or the balcony of the house with refreshing drinks. This makes them semi experience one element of the house, and also creates the right mood for the occasion.
Just these simple tips for your first home staging experience should do the trick. Make sure you look out for the upcoming trends with home staging - its a dynamic space and could be quite an enjoyable experience for you, and the buyers.