Following up on the last blog post titled “Preparing for the next pandemic: Mental Health” we wanted to extend another article that sheds light on the first step that you can start on now. We all know that creating a healthy home is the foundation for a healthy life.
In this blog, we will go over our top 5 tips that inspire wellness.
• Have you heard of Biophilic design? The design aims to establish deeper connections with nature and make space for growth. In simple terms, it is bringing outdoor elements into the home. For example, like wood, stone, ceramics, and plants which create a sense of balance and connection.
• Nordic and Scandinavian styles such as the Hygge design that focuses on three key elements: organization, rest, and self-care. You can create a healthy space without compromising aesthetics.
• Spread elements across the house that make you happy. For example, placing your favorite serveware on that dining room table, a beloved painting or decorative objects can definitely help your overall wellness
• Go Eco-friendly and organic. Choose raw fibers and textiles like wool, cotton and linen which are more comfortable and healthier. Take it step by step before you tackle the more difficult steps of your eco-friendly resolution.
• Choose happier shades for your house. In terms of color, research shows that warm colors such as yellow, orange, and red have a greater effect. Yellow is the top pick right now! A spirited color that evokes optimism.