We wanted to highlight one of the major events in the Kingdom of Bahrain, and the region - the Women Power Summit 2019 was held on the 13th-14th of October 2019 at the Sofitel Zallaq, Bahrain.
150 women leaders were featured in panel discussions, one to one interviews and keynote conversations sharing their personal experiences.
The second edition of the Women Power Summit had regional and global leaders from different spheres Including business, retail, health, and several sectors. The event showcased prime opportunities for investments, partnerships and collaborations created by inspiring female entrepreneurs and investors. In addition, the summit brought to the surface some of the top main issues concerning entrepreneurs and women in general through panel discussions, one on one interviews and keynote conversations.
The event commenced with a keynote speech by CEO of Obai & Hill Mrs. Wafa Obaidat who welcomed attendees with an inspiring speech on how to build a better future, together. She commented on the event “We are proud to have led this initiative to inspire, encourage and motivate attendees to plant more self-love and be ambitious to build a career they’re passionate about.”
This year's Women Power Summit notable events included:
● In Spotlight on the first Ambassador in Bahrain – Shaikha Haya Rashid Al Khalifa, Business on the rise -discussing how to scale up your business and face the challenges, and changing perceptions
● Power Pitch competition – Women entrepreneurs and founders had the chance to pitch innovative ideas & Solutions to a panel of expert judges for a chance to win free co working space, travel tickets and more.
● A workshop was held by WARSHA titled “Pledges for Equality” wherein 30 companies including Zain Bahrain, Standard Chartered Bank and several other key organizations pledged to hire more women and empower them in the workplace.
● 90 women took part in the largest cycling parade in the country – (35KM) in partnership with professional cycling groups in Bahrain. Women cycled around key locations in Bahrain.
● Talent speed networking event facilitated by Majra, providing space wherein employers and job seekers connected
● A speed networking event organized by Al Majlis App as well took place providing a perfect opportunity for individuals to meet like-minded creatives to create collaboration and partnership opportunities.
To know more on what took place during the 2nd edition, please visit: https://womenpower-summit.com
Stay tuned to their third edition in 2020.